About Me

My photo
Im ShunTre' and I'm currently taking this class, not because im interested in it but because I have to, it's part of my degree requirements but while i'm in it I hope to learn more about politics especially in Texas and get a grip on what they really mean and how do they make our lives easier or harder. I did terrible on the General knowledge and the Political knowledge quizzez in class by the way but I dont think I was the only one.

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

My Starbucks Gun Rule Response!



In this article "Starbucks CEO ‘respectfully’ says guns not wanted" posted on  Star-Telegram.com, September 19th, the author talks about how Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz decided to make a request for the customers to please not bring their guns in or around the Starbucks businesses unless their authorized law enforcement personnel. He stated that Starbucks is a place where people come to enjoy coffee and community and when a customer decides to bring their weapon with them knowing it's visible to other customers it may anger some of the customers and/or make them feel unsafe and that's not the type of vibe Starbucks is supposed to give off.

 I agree with the CEO because he's taking a stand and is actually showing his customers that he does care about them and their safety and if that means no guns allowed then so be it. Howard isn't taking away their gun law or their right to carry a concealed weapon that they obviously have legally, he just doesn't want that type of environment.

 People have recently said in the reaction letter to this article that Starbucks is trying to fight their Second Amendment right and that's not at all true, Starbucks doesn't even have the RIGHT to do that! I would actually prefer all local businesses to partake in this request because all of these horrible crimes that have happened in the last couple of years involving shootings and guns make it really hard to trust people with firearms or any type of weapon really.

His request is a very legit request in my opinion, why not prohibit guns from businesses because I'm pretty sure if you ask any other place like McDonalds or Subway they wouldn't want any guns in their place of work because that can cause major controversy from people getting angry to people walking out and never come back.

Guns should really be in your home or vehicle and away from the public and especially children. No one wants their child around guns that's scary and yes children do drink coffee too because my sister is eight years old and is always at Starbucks so don't just think it's a mature audience your bringing your gun around. Starbucks also made their point by simply saying if you can't follow this very simple request go find your coffee somewhere else!

 I believe this article was intended for Starbuck customers obviously and I really hope they take in consideration for this request because I think it would make a big difference and maybe even become a global policy for local businesses to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment